Director of Art Education and Outreach
Water Street Studios is looking for a full-time Director of Art Education and Outreach (DEO) passionate about making art accessible to all in the Fox Valley area and beyond. The DE will be responsible for all aspects of Water Street Studios’ art education and outreach programs both on-site and out in the community. The DEO will work closely with, and report directly to, the Executive Director
The goal of this position is to provide high-quality instruction and memorable experiences for all ages across a wide variety of art mediums, but especially to under-resourced schools and families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, market, manage and evaluate an on-going program of classes, workshops, fieldtrips, special events/parties, etc. to achieve and exceed budget goals, as well as increase individuals served through free arts programming.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate instructors and volunteers
- Design and publish print and digital media including, but not limited to: brochures, postcards, flyers, social media posts, etc.
- Track and report on all aspects of programming to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Bookkeeping activities as related to the programs the DE manages
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of student and instructor art shows
- Assist in writing grant proposals for program funding.
- Writing full art curriculum per state standards for grades K-12
- Bachelor’s degree in art education, administration, or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong computer skills including, but not limited to, social networking, Excel, Quickbooks, MailChimp, and other database management software. Experience using ProClass is a plus, but not required
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize. Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including donors, board, staff, resident artists, students, instructors, and visitors
- Finely developed interpersonal skills and able to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Dependable, driven, motivated and reliable
- Flexible work schedule, but some nights and weekends are required
Job Type: full-time, salaried
Experience: preference for 3 or more years of experience in arts programming, education, or administration. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work remotely at times
- Paid training and professional development
- Fun, unique and varied working environment
- Voted Best Art Gallery in 2019 by West Suburban Living Magazine and Kane County Chronicle.