Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is searching for Banquet Servers to work at our beautiful Dolce Q Center in St. Charles, IL. The Banquet Server provides all guests with an entertaining and enjoyable dining experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner, at all times.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
• Perform any necessary pre-shift sidework.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary environment; ensure compliance with all local and state health codes.
• Assist in controlling food and beverage costs; enforce all security measures as outlined by hotel management; protect the assets of the company.
• Check with the Banquet Captain when coming on duty for specific instructions for the current function and section assignment.
• Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful attitude.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, ensuring guests are provided with water, coffee, tea, or beverages in a timely manner.
• Unload trays in the service area, racking glassware, scraping plates, and separating silverware.
• Practice “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
• Complete assigned breakdown and closing sidework.
• Report hazardous conditions or broken equipment to the Engineering Department immediately; in an emergency, notify the Chief Engineer at once.
• This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.