Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is searching for a Full-Time Roundsperson - Cook II to work at our Dolce Q Center property in St. Charles, IL. The Roundsperson - Cook II works as needed throughout the kitchen and bistro. This position is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes for Guest Dining, Banquets, Bistro and Nourishment Hubs, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Prepare food following standardized recipe cards.
- Working knowledge of batch & banquet production.
- Intermediate knife skills as they pertain to fruits, vegetables & proteins.
- Assist with transportation of banquet food & plate-up.
- Perform hot & cold food prep.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in proper cooking techniques pertaining to roasting, grilling & frying.
- Work closely with Supervisor in developing skills in preparing soups and sauces.
- ServSafe certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to complete food temperature logs and collect food samples from meal periods.
- Knowledge of working different action stations.
- Understand basic cooking techniques.
- Maintain a cleanliness and organization of all storage areas
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel preferred.
• Two years high volume culinary experience required.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift
• Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
Interested candidates should apply online at careers.wyndhamhotels.com.