IL Mandated Sexual harassment training upcoming deadline: is your company compliant? Practical Human Resources is providing a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training via Zoom.
Harassment at work can have a corrosive effect on an organization's culture and can lead to low employee morale, reduced productivity, and even criminal liability. Our training course will discuss the benefits of and strategies for promoting a respectful work environment that is free of all forms of harassment, intimidation, bullying and discrimination.
Illinois Sexual Harassment Training Requirements
As of January 1, 2020, all Illinois employers are required to provide sexual harassment prevention training to their employees every year, regardless of the size of the company. Illinois employers will have until January 2, 2021 to train all employees on harassment prevention. Employers will need to train all independent contractors and freelancers in addition to company employees.
Consequences of Non-Compliance?
Employers who do not provide compliance training will be subject to civil penalties including:
- $500 if the company has less than four employees; $1,000 if the company has 4+ employees; and as much as $5,000 for repeat violations
Our virtual or onsite training program covers all of the legally required information and more.
IL Mandated Requirements:
- An explanation of sexual harassment;
- Examples of conduct that constitutes unlawful sexual harassment;
- A summary of relevant federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment, including remedies available to victims of sexual harassment; and
- A summary of responsibilities of employers in the prevention, investigation, and corrective measures of sexual harassment